Senior Living in Rhinecliff, New York
Top zip codes in Rhinecliff, NY: 12574
- Rhinecliff scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Rhinecliff scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northern Dutchess Hospital, Kingston Hospital, and Benedictine Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wells Manor, Ferncliff Nursing Home Co, and Arbor Ridge at Brookmeade.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Dinsmore Golf Course, Wiltwyck Golf Club, and Green Acres Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Wilderstein Historic Site, Staatsburgh State Historic Site, and Forsyth Nature Center.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Good Shepherd, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Church of the Messiah Epscpl.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,192, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,951, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,599, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 21.52%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rhinecliff receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Rhinecliff has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Rhinecliff has an average population density of 652.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rhinecliff have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Rhinecliff has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.64%.