Senior Living in Rhome, Texas
Top zip codes in Rhome, TX: 76078
- Rhome scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Rhome scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Longmeadow Healthcare Center, Senior Care Health and Rehabilitation Decatur, and The Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch, Willow Springs Golf Course, and Eagle Mountain.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Skyview Ranch RV Park, Rock Island RV Park, and Creek Harbor Fish Camp.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Penguin Promotional Products, Newark Church of Christ, and Abundant Life Worship Center.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.88% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,055, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,125, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,937, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.41%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rhome receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Rhome has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Rhome has a sparse population density of 127.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rhome have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Rhome has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.67%.