Senior Living in Richland, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Richland, PA: 17087
- Richland scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Richland scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wernersville State Hospital, Lebanon Va Medical Center, and Good Samaritan Hospital.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rile\'s Home - Aide Haven, StoneRidge Retirement Living, and StoneRidge Popular Run.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Lebanon Valley Golf Course, Heidelberg Country Club, and Green Acres Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Conrad Weiser Homestead, Camp Swatara, and Union Canal Tunnel Park.
- There are 97 churches in or near the city, including Grace United Church of Christ, Tulpehocken United Church, and Mount Aetna Bible Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 62 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,444, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,528, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,596, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.22%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Richland receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Richland has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Richland has a sparse population density of 225.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Richland have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Richland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.86%.