Senior Living in Richmond, Virginia
- Richmond scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Richmond scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 18 hospitals within close range of the city, including Children\'s Hospital, Retreat Hospital, and Capitol Medical Center.
- There are 96 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rah Winthrop Manor, The Parkwood, and The Virginia Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 628 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Willow Oaks Country Club, Glenwood Golf Club, and Jefferson Lakeside Country Club.
- There are 35 parks near the city center, including Barker Field, Maymont, and Monroe Park.
- There are 551 churches in or near the city, including Ebenezer Baptist Church, Fifth Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 36 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 301 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 125 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,909, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,031, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,663, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,155 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,991 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Richmond receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Richmond has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Richmond has a dense population density of 2,591.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Richmond have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Richmond has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.81%.