Senior Living in Ridgefield, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Ridgefield, NJ: 07657
- Ridgefield scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Ridgefield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 92 hospitals within close range of the city, including Palisades Medical Ctr-ny Presbyterian Healthcare S, New York State Psych Institute, and St Luke\'s Roosevelt Hospital.
- There are 376 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Waterford Towers, Sunrise of Edgewater, and Hudsonview Health Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5313 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 213 golf courses in or around the city, including Overpeck County Golf Course, Knickerbocker Country Club, and Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course.
- There are 58 parks near the city center, including Overpeck County Park, General Grant National Memorial, and Fort Lee Historic Park.
- There are 1731 churches in or near the city, including St James Episcopal Church, Armenian Apostolic Church-Nj, and St Matthew\'s Rc Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3335 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 252 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1258 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,718, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,942, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,730, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.77%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ridgefield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ridgefield has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Ridgefield has a dense population density of 4,322.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ridgefield have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Ridgefield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.96%.