Senior Living in Ridgeland, Mississippi
Top zip codes in Ridgeland, MS: 39157
- Ridgeland scores significantly higher than the Mississippi average of 68.
- Ridgeland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mississippi Methodist Rehab Ctr, G. V. (sonny) Montgomery Va Medical Center (jackso, and University Of Mississippi Med Center.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Waterford On Highland Colony, Highland Home, and The Blake at Township.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 263 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club Of Jackson -Azalea, Colonial Country Club, and Grove Park Golf Course.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Freedom Ridge, Ridgeland Parks & Recreation, and US National Park Services.
- There are 278 churches in or near the city, including Trace Ridge Baptist Church, Church of the Highlands, and Highland Colony Baptist Church.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 114 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Mississippi has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,918, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,497, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,523, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,790 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,540 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.83%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ridgeland receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ridgeland has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Ridgeland has an average population density of 804.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ridgeland have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Ridgeland has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.77%.