Senior Living in Ridgewood, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Ridgewood, NJ: 07450
- Ridgewood scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Ridgewood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 18 hospitals within close range of the city, including Valley Hospital, Christian Health Care Center, and Bergen Regional Medical Center.
- There are 210 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ridgewood, New Jersey - Independent Living, Van Dyk Manor of Ridgewood, and Ridgewood Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1429 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 202 golf courses in or around the city, including Orchard Hills Golf Club, Arcola Country Club, and Center/West Course at Ridgewood Country Club, The.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Goffle Brook Park, Van Saun County Park, and High Mountain Park Preserve.
- There are 539 churches in or near the city, including Mount Carmel Church, Christ Church, and St Elizabeth\'s Episcopal Chr.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 824 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 41 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 441 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $205,106, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $154,275, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $69,248, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.95%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ridgewood receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ridgewood has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Ridgewood has a dense population density of 4,337.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ridgewood have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Ridgewood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.36%.