Senior Living in Rio, Illinois
Top zip codes in Rio, IL: 61472
- Rio scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Rio scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Galesburg Cottage Hospital and St Mary Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Marigold Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Seminary Village - The Hawthorne Inn, and Seminary Manor Skilled Nursing.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Windmills Golf Course, Lake Bracken Country Club, and Soangetaha Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Shady Lakes Campground, Beyond the Garden Gate, and Lincoln Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Alpha Baptist Church, Alpha Baptist P, and Alpha United Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,291, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,732, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,390, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rio receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Rio has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Rio has a very sparse population density of 16.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rio have a very long daily commute time.
- Rio has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.05%.