Senior Living in Riverdale, Maryland
Top zip codes in Riverdale, MD: 20737
- Riverdale scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Riverdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 31 hospitals within close range of the city, including Doctors\' Community Hospital, Gladys Spellman Spec Hosp, and Prince Georges Hospital Center.
- There are 304 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Abundant Care Assisted Living I, Crescent Cities Center, and Ameristar Assisted Living, Inc..
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1350 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 107 golf courses in or around the city, including Paint Branch Golf Course, University Of Maryland Golf Course, and Langston Golf Course & Driving Range.
- There are 43 parks near the city center, including Greenbelt Park, Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, and United States National Arboretum.
- There are 1568 churches in or near the city, including Refreshing Spring Cog-Christ, St Bernards Roman Catholic, and St John Evangelical Lutheran.
- There are 27 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 839 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 57 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 336 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,743, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,090, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,360, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.52%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Riverdale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Riverdale has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Riverdale has a dense population density of 4,996.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Riverdale have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Riverdale has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 64.03%.