Senior Living in Riverhead, New York
Top zip codes in Riverhead, NY: 11901
- Riverhead scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Riverhead scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Peconic Bay Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Retirement Programming Ltd, Peconic Bay Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Riverhead Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 101 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Island Country Club, Long Island National Golf Course, and Links Course at Cherry Creek Golf Links.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including The Big Duck, Wildwood State Park, and Long Island Game Farm Wildlife Park & Children\'s Zoo.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Old Steeple Community Church, Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, and Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 38 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,897, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,438, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,056, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.70%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Riverhead receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Riverhead has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Riverhead has a sparse population density of 492.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Riverhead have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Riverhead has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.35%.