Senior Living in Riverside, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Riverside, RI: 02915
- Riverside scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Riverside scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Emma Pendleton Bradley Hosp, Women And Infants Hospital Of Rhode Island, and Rhode Island Hospital.
- There are 127 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Orchard View Manor , Brookdale East Bay, and Hattie Ide Chaffee Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 648 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 131 golf courses in or around the city, including Silver Spring Golf Course, Metacomet Country Club, and Rhode Island Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including India Point Park, Roger Williams Park Zoo, and Burnside Park.
- There are 490 churches in or near the city, including St Marks Episcopal Church, Riverside Congregational Chr, and St Brendan\'s Rectory.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 355 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 221 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,059, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,591, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,841, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.89%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Riverside receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Riverside has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Riverside has a dense population density of 3,052.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Riverside have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Riverside has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.46%.