Senior Living in Roanoke, Texas
Top zip codes in Roanoke, TX: 76262
- Roanoke scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Roanoke scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baylor Medical Center At Trophy Club, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southlake, and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower Mound.
- There are 107 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadowview Place Residential Care Home, The Carlyle at Stonebridge Park, and Landing at Watermere Southlake.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 412 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Trophy Club Country Club(Hills Course at Trophy Club Country Club), Tour 18 -Dallas, and Timarron Country Club.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Harmony Park, Lakeview Park, and Independence Park.
- There are 150 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Trophy, First Baptist Church, and Fellowship United Methodist.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 186 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 174 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $110,037, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,981, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,993, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.03%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Roanoke receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Roanoke has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Roanoke has an average population density of 610.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Roanoke have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Roanoke has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.89%.