Senior Living in Rochester, New Hampshire
- Rochester scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Rochester scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Frisbie Memorial Hospital and Wentworth-douglass Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lincoln Terrace Home, Studley Home, and Rochester Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Rochester Country Club, Sunningdale Golf Club, and Links at Outlook, The.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Grandview Campground, Garrison Hill Park, and Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park.
- There are 52 churches in or near the city, including Emmanuel Advent Christian Chr, True Memorial Baptist Church, and Bethany United Methodist Chr.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,403, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,720, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,984, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rochester receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Rochester has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Rochester has an average population density of 613.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rochester have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Rochester has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.51%.