Senior Living in Rochester, New York
- Rochester scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Rochester scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Genesee Hospital, Rochester Psychiatric Center, and Highland Hospital.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including R L Edwards Manor, Unity Living Center, and Episcopal Senior Life Communities.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 337 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club of Rochester, Saint John Fisher Golf Course, and Irondequoit Country Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Martin Luther King Jr Memorial Park at Manhattan Square, Edgerton Community Center and Park, and Highland Botanical Park.
- There are 243 churches in or near the city, including Spiritus Christi Church, St Luke & St Simon Cyrene, and Lake Avenue Baptist Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 289 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 20 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 135 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.67% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,336, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,012, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,129, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.35%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rochester receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Rochester has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Rochester has a dense population density of 5,101.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rochester have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Rochester has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.67%.