Senior Living in Rochester, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Rochester, PA: 15074
- Rochester scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Rochester scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Francis Hospital Cranberry, Heritage Valley Beaver, and Ellwood City Hospital.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rochester Manor+villa, Providence Care Center, and Smith\'s Personal Care Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 236 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 109 golf courses in or around the city, including Cranberry Highlands Golf Course, Seven Oaks Country Club, and Ambridge Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Three Rivers Paintball and Airsoft, Cranberry Township Community Park, and Bradys Run County Park.
- There are 144 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, St John\'s Burry\'s Church, and Sylvania Hills Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 84 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 93 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,599, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,826, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,229, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.24%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rochester receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Rochester has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Rochester has an average population density of 592.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rochester have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Rochester has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.69%.