Senior Living in Rockaway, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Rockaway, NJ: 07866
- Rockaway scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Rockaway scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Clare\'s Hospital, Greystone Park Psych Hospital, and Chilton Hospital.
- There are 74 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lakeside Care Home, Greenbriar Fox Ridge, and Merry Heart.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 334 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 142 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Pond Golf Club, Knoll Golf Club, The, and Bowling Green Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Camp Dawson, Hopatcong State Park, and Norvin Green State Forest.
- There are 126 churches in or near the city, including St Cecilia Roman Catholic Chr, White Meadow Temple, and Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 166 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 160 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $112,482, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $95,968, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,304, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.15%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rockaway receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Rockaway has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Rockaway has an average population density of 996.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rockaway have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Rockaway has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.25%.