Senior Living in Rockfall, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Rockfall, CT: 06481
- Rockfall scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Rockfall scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 12 hospitals within close range of the city, including Riverview Hospital For Child, Connecticut Valley Hospital, and Middlesex Hospital.
- There are 95 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Commons, Wadsworth Glen Health Care Cen, and Apple Rehab Middletown.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 341 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 106 golf courses in or around the city, including Jones Course at Lyman Orchards Golf Club, Indian Springs Golf Club, and Miner Hills Family Golf, LLC.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Wadsworth falls State Park., Dinosaur State Park and Arboretum, and Cockaponset State Forest.
- There are 183 churches in or near the city, including United Churches of Durham, Victory Tabernacle Church, and Middlefield Federated Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 204 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 108 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $96,358, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,042, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,307, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.18%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rockfall receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Rockfall has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Rockfall has an average population density of 710.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rockfall have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Rockfall has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.46%.