Senior Living in Rockland, Maine
Top zip codes in Rockland, ME: 04841
- Rockland scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- Rockland scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Penobscot Bay Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Methodist Conference Home, MCH Housing - Knox Hotel Apartments, and Knox Center For Long Term Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Rockland Golf Club, Goose River Golf Club, and Samoset Resort.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Beech Hill Preserve, Megunticook Campground, and Camden Hills Campground.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including Masonic Temple of Rockland, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Church of God Soul\'s Harbor.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,370, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $33,038, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,134, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.97%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rockland receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Rockland has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Rockland has an average population density of 568.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rockland have a very short daily commute time.
- Rockland has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.35%.