Senior Living in Rockville, Maryland
- Rockville scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Rockville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 18 hospitals within close range of the city, including Potomac Ridge, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, and Suburban Hospital.
- There are 236 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunrise of Rockville, Victory Court Senior Apartments, and Comfort Keepers of Rockville MD.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 835 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 112 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodmont Country Club -North, Lakewood Country Club, and Norbeck Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Brookside Gardens, Woodend Sanctuary, and Glen Echo Park.
- There are 620 churches in or near the city, including Tikvat Isreal, Crusader Lutheran Church, and Twinbrook Baptist Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 489 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 27 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 280 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $117,558, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $95,554, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $47,449, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.60%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rockville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Rockville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Rockville has a dense population density of 4,353.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rockville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Rockville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.44%.