Senior Living in Rockville, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Rockville, RI: 02873
- Rockville scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Rockville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Westerly Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shady Acres Nursing Home, Westerly Health Center, and The Elms .
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Richmond Country Club, Fenner Hill, and Executive Golf Club at Lindhbrook.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Pachaug State Forest, Strawberry Park Resort Campground, and Hopeville Pond State Park.
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Episcopal Diocese of Rhode Island Hopkinton.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,837, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,333, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,256, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rockville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Rockville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Rockville has a very sparse population density of 83.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rockville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Rockville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.