Senior Living in Romulus, New York
Top zip codes in Romulus, NY: 14541
- Romulus scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Romulus scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Geneva General Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Seneca Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Finger Lakes Health, and Seneca Falls Community Residence.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Bonavista State Golf Club, Wells College Golf Course, and Geneva Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Sampson State Park, Bonavista, and Long Point State Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including World Council of Independent Christian Churches, St Patrick\'s Church, and St Peters Episcopal Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.80% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,420, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,445, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,956, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Romulus receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Romulus has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Romulus has a very sparse population density of 83.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Romulus have an average daily commute time.
- Romulus has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 69.80%.