Senior Living in Rosedale, Maryland
Top zip codes in Rosedale, MD: 21237
- Rosedale scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Rosedale scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 25 hospitals within close range of the city, including Franklin Square Hospital Center, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Kennedy Krieger Children Hosp.
- There are 227 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including ManorCare Health Services - Rossville, Franklin Woods Center, and Sava Senior Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 791 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including Rocky Point Golf Course, Clifton Park Golf Course, and Mount Pleasant Golf Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Clifton Park, Ellwood Park, and Cromwell Valley Park.
- There are 707 churches in or near the city, including Baltimore White Marsh Seventh, Immanuel Baptist Church, and Rosedale Baptist Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 560 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 237 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,995, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,027, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,675, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.52%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rosedale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Rosedale has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Rosedale has a dense population density of 2,612.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rosedale have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Rosedale has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.24%.