Senior Living in Roslindale, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Roslindale, MA: 02131
- Roslindale scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Roslindale scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 53 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hebrew Rehab Center For Aged, Arbour Hospital, and Va Boston Healthcare System - Jamaica Plain.
- There are 256 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Roslindale House, Post-Acute Rehabilitative Services at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center, and Sophia Snow House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1433 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 157 golf courses in or around the city, including George Wright Golf Course, William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course, and Putterham Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, Larz Anderson Park, and Franklin Park Zoo.
- There are 654 churches in or near the city, including Sacred Heart Rectory, St Nectarios Greek Orthodox, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 818 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 57 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 629 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,835, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,790, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,904, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.67%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Roslindale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Roslindale has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Roslindale has a very dense population density of 11,506.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Roslindale have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Roslindale has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.76%.