Senior Living in Rothsay, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Rothsay, MN: 56579
- Rothsay scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Rothsay scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Francis Healthcare Campus and St Francis Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Manor, Clayco Care Center, and Pelican Valley Health Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Hills Golf Course, Birchwood Golf Course, and Lida Greens Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Western Prairie Scientific and Natural Area (SNA), Manston State Wildlife Management Area, and Richard M. and Mathilde Rice Elliot Scientific and Natural Area (SNA).
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Anderson Leon).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are no grocery stores within city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,774, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,222, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,938, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.99%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rothsay receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Rothsay has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Rothsay has a very sparse population density of 5.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rothsay have an average daily commute time.
- Rothsay has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.25%.