Senior Living in Rowe, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Rowe, MA: 01367
- Rowe scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Rowe scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (North Adams Regional Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including North Adams Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Association For Community Living, and Williamstown Commons Nursing and Rehab Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including North Adams Country Club, Edge Hill Golf Course, and Stamford Valley Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Monroe State Forest, Abbotts Glen Clothing Optional Inn And Nudist Resort, and Savoy Mountain State Forest.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Federated Church of Charlemont, Whitingham Community Church, and Congregation Beth Israel.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,695, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,542, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,586, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.71%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rowe receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Rowe has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Rowe has a very sparse population density of 19.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rowe have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Rowe has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.50%.