Senior Living in Roxbury, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Roxbury, CT: 06783
- Roxbury scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Roxbury scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including New Milford Hospital, Wellspring Foundation, and Waterbury Hospital.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bernhardt Meadows Senior Residence, The Watermark at East Hill, and Lutheran Home of Southbury.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 113 golf courses in or around the city, including Washington Golf Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Heritage Village Course, and Gainfield Farms Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Lovers Leap State Park Scenic Reserve, Mount Tom State Park, and Mount Bushnell State Park.
- There are 76 churches in or near the city, including Roxbury Congregational Church, Christ Church, and Bridgewater Congregational Chr.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $145,423, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $98,833, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $62,357, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Roxbury receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Roxbury has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Roxbury has a very sparse population density of 86.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Roxbury have a very long daily commute time.
- Roxbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.91%.