Senior Living in Roxbury, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Roxbury, PA: 17251
- Roxbury scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Roxbury scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Chambersburg Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aprontree Large Personal Care Home, Shippensburg Health Care Center, and Elmcroft of Shippensburg.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Rocky Spring Golf Course, Chambersburg Country Club, and Majestic Ridge Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Fowlers Hollow State Park).
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including New Hope United Methodist Chr, Newburg First Church of God, and Blue Mountain Assembly of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,963, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,417, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,966, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Roxbury receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Roxbury has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Roxbury has a very sparse population density of 70.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Roxbury have a short daily commute time.
- Roxbury has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.54%.