Senior Living in Rushville, New York
Top zip codes in Rushville, NY: 14544
- Rushville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Rushville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including F F Thompson Hospital, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and Soldiers And Sailors Memorial Hospital Of Yates.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ferris Hills at West Lake, M. M. Ewing Continuing Care Center, and Quail Summit.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including VA Medical Center Golf Course, Canandaigua Country Club, and Center Pointe Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including 1795 Acorn Inn Bed and Breakfast, Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park, and RMSC Cumming Nature Center.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Crosswinds Wesleyan Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.28% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,668, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,509, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,296, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.64%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rushville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Rushville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Rushville has a very sparse population density of 74.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rushville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Rushville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.85%.