Senior Living in Rutland, Vermont
Top zip codes in Rutland, VT: 05701
- Rutland scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Rutland scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Rutland Regional Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rutland Housing Authority, Sunset Home, and Gables at East Mountain.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Rutland Country Club, Killington Golf Resort, and Green Mountain National Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Vermont State Fair, Gifford Woods State Park, and White Rocks National Recreation Area.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Grace Congregational United, Rutland Church of Nazarene, and Immaculate Heart of Mary Religious Education Office.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,752, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,859, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,479, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Rutland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Rutland has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Rutland has a sparse population density of 357.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Rutland have a very short daily commute time.
- Rutland has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.46%.