Senior Living in Sabattus, Maine
Top zip codes in Sabattus, ME: 04280
- Sabattus scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Sabattus scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Central Maine Medical Center and St Marys Regional Medical Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sabattus Residental Care, Marshwood Center, and Lamp Alzheimers Residential Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Apple Valley Golf Course, Meadows Golf Club, The, and Prospect Hill Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Beaver Park, The Birches Campground, and Augusta / Gardiner KOA.
- There are 73 churches in or near the city, including Dominican Sisters, Sabattus Community Baptist, and Our Lady of Rosary Catholic Ch.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,374, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,127, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,860, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,375 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,080 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.17%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sabattus receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Sabattus has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Sabattus has a sparse population density of 155.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sabattus have an average daily commute time.
- Sabattus has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.70%.