Senior Living in Saco, Maine
Top zip codes in Saco, ME: 04072
- Saco scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Saco scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southern Maine Medical Center, Spring Harbor Hospital, and Maine Medical Center.
- There are 48 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Evergreen Manor, Kindred Monarch Center, and The Shaw House.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 175 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Biddeford Saco Country Club, Dunegrass Course at Dunegrass Golf Club & Resort, and Apple Valley Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Saco / Old Orchard Beach KOA, Hid\'n Pines Family Campground, and Bayley\'s Camping Resort.
- There are 80 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Episcopal Church, United Baptist Church, and Most Holy Trinity.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 68 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 57 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,388, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,873, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,326, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Saco receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Saco has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Saco has a sparse population density of 480.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Saco have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Saco has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.68%.