Senior Living in Sacramento, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Sacramento, PA: 17968
- Sacramento scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Sacramento scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Shamokin Area Community Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman, and Mountain View, A Nursing and Rehabilitation Cente.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Indian Hills Golf, and Harrisburg North Public Golf.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa, Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve, and Swatara State Park.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including St Peters United Methodist Chr, Salem United Church of Christ, and Valley View Churches of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,117, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,712, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,880, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.72%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sacramento receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Sacramento has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Sacramento has a very sparse population density of 84.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sacramento have a short daily commute time.
- Sacramento has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 71.93%.