Senior Living in Salem, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Salem, NH: 03079
- Salem scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Salem scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northeast Rehab Hospital, Holy Family Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, and Lawrence General Hospital.
- There are 79 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Howard Street Residence, Greystone Farm at Salem, and Salemhaven.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 325 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 116 golf courses in or around the city, including Campbell\'s Scottish Highlands Golf Course, Hickory Hills Golf Course, and Merrimack Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lawrence Heritage State Park, Benson Park, and Edward A. LeLacheur Park.
- There are 143 churches in or near the city, including Mary Queen of Peace Church, Granite State Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 230 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 159 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.08% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $88,578, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,010, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,496, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.79%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Salem receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Salem has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Salem has an average population density of 1,163.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Salem have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Salem has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.78%.