Senior Living in Salisbury, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Salisbury, CT: 06068
- Salisbury scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Salisbury scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Sharon Hospital and Fairview Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Noble Horizons, Geer Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Beckley House.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (52% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Hotchkiss School Golf Course, Undermountain Golf Course, and Sharon Country Club, The.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Mount Riga State Park, Mount Washington State Forest, and Mount Everett State Reservation.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Salisbury Congregational Chr, All Saints-america Orthodox, and Our Lady of Valley Rectory.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $152,021, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $96,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $55,921, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.82%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Salisbury receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Salisbury has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Salisbury has a very sparse population density of 51.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Salisbury have a very short daily commute time.
- Salisbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.19%.