Senior Living in Salisbury, Vermont
Top zip codes in Salisbury, VT: 05769
- Salisbury scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Salisbury scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Porter Hospital, Inc).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Residence at Otter Creek, Eastview at Middlebury, and Helen Porter Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Ralph Myhre Golf Course, The, Neshobe Golf Club, and Proctor-Pittsford Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lake Dunmore Kampersville, Branbury State Park, and Rivers Bend Campground.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Salibury Congregational Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Cornwall Congregational Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,401, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,326, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,311, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.71%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Salisbury receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Salisbury has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Salisbury has a very sparse population density of 39.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Salisbury have a short daily commute time.
- Salisbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.90%.