Senior Living in Salt Point, New York
Top zip codes in Salt Point, NY: 12578
- Salt Point scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Salt Point scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Vassar Brothers Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mary\'s Family Care Home, Quaker Hill Manor, and Victory Lake Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Millbrook Golf & Tennis Club, Dinsmore Golf Course, and College Hill Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Innisfree Garden, Interlake RV Park, and Ogden & Ruth Livingston Mills.
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including Pleasant Valley Presbyterian, Lyall Memorial Federated Chr, and Grace Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 59 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 65 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $111,468, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $91,214, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,031, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.42%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Salt Point receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Salt Point has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Salt Point has a sparse population density of 154.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Salt Point have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Salt Point has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.80%.