Senior Living in San Antonio, Texas
- San Antonio scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- San Antonio scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 30 hospitals within close range of the city, including Metropolitan Methodist Hosp, Texsan Heart Hospital, and Brooke Army Medical Center.
- There are 160 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Saint Francis Nursing Home, Meridian Care Monte Vista, and Morningside MInistries at Chandler Estate .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 967 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Brackenridge Municipal Golf Course, Fort Sam Houston Golf Course -Salado Del Rio, and Kelly Golf Course.
- There are 55 parks near the city center, including Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation, Inc, Olmos Basin Park, and San Pedro Springs Park.
- There are 344 churches in or near the city, including Laurel Heights Seventh-Day, Lovera Baptist Church, and Trinity Baptist Church.
- There are 42 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 443 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 34 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 258 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,549, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,129, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,687, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,230 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.46%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- San Antonio receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- San Antonio has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- San Antonio has a dense population density of 2,681.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of San Antonio have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- San Antonio has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 81.16%.