Senior Living in Sanborn, New York
Top zip codes in Sanborn, NY: 14132
- Sanborn scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Sanborn scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including De Graff Memorial Hospital, Mount St Mary\'s Hospital And Health Center, and Eastern Niagara Hospital.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Niagara, Brookdale Niagara, and Elderwood Skilled Nursing at Wheatfield.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 145 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Shawnee Country Club, Niagara\'s Golf Wonderland, and Deerwood Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Niagara\'s Lazy Lakes Camping Resort, Reservoir State Park, and Earl W. Brydges Artpark.
- There are 132 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life Baptist Church, St Peter Lutheran Church, and Hope United Methodist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 110 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 61 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,426, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,350, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,754, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.78%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sanborn receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Sanborn has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Sanborn has a sparse population density of 221.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sanborn have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Sanborn has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.81%.