Senior Living in Sayville, New York
Top zip codes in Sayville, NY: 11782
- Sayville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Sayville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center, Pilgrim Psychiatric Center, and Southside Hospital.
- There are 74 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Bristal at Sayville, Affinity Skilled Living and Rehabilitation Center, and The Arbors at Bohemia.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 498 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 86 golf courses in or around the city, including Island Hills Golf Club, West Sayville Golf Course, and Holbrook Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Connetquot River State Park, Fire Island National Seashore, and Heckscher State Park.
- There are 127 churches in or near the city, including St Lawrence the Martyr Rc Chr, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and St Ann\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 268 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 207 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $117,404, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $104,353, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,527, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.29%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sayville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Sayville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Sayville has a dense population density of 2,844.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sayville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Sayville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.14%.