Senior Living in Schaefferstown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Schaefferstown, PA: 17088
- Schaefferstown scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Schaefferstown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lebanon Va Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Philhaven, Behavioral Hlth.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stoneridge Towne Centre, Juniper Village at Lebanon, and StoneRidge Popular Run.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 124 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Foxchase Golf Club, Lebanon Valley Golf Course, and Lebanon Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Wolf Sanctuary of PA, Conrad Weiser Homestead, and PA Dutch Country RV Resort.
- There are 185 churches in or near the city, including St Luke Lutheran Church, Saint Paul\'s United Church, and Millcreek Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 99 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,490, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,765, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,288, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,140 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,683 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,381 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.92%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Schaefferstown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Schaefferstown has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Schaefferstown has a sparse population density of 450.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Schaefferstown have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Schaefferstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.85%.