Senior Living in Schenevus, New York
Top zip codes in Schenevus, NY: 12155
- Schenevus scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Schenevus scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital and Aurelia Osborn Fox Memorial Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Otsego Manor, Woodside Hall, and Clara Welch Thanksgiving Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Leatherstocking Golf Course, The, Oneonta Country Club, The, and Cee Jay Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Susquehanna State Forest, Betty and Wilbur Davis State Park, and Hartwick Highlands Campground.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Oneonta Assembly of God).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,941, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,150, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,336, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Schenevus receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Schenevus has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Schenevus has a very sparse population density of 34.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Schenevus have a long daily commute time.
- Schenevus has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.67%.