Senior Living in Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Schnecksville, PA: 18078
- Schnecksville scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Schnecksville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including National Hospital For Kids, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cornerstone Living, Luther Crest, and Fellowship Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 260 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Iron Lakes Country Club, Allentown Municipal Golf Course, and Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Trexler Nature Preserve, Allentown KOA, and Covered Bridge Park.
- There are 176 churches in or near the city, including Agape New Testament Fellowship, Union Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Union United Church of Christ.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 141 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 116 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,766, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,789, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,446, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.95%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Schnecksville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Schnecksville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Schnecksville has a sparse population density of 448.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Schnecksville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Schnecksville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.68%.