Senior Living in Sciota, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Sciota, PA: 18354
- Sciota scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Sciota scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pleasant Valley Manor, Gluco Lodge, and Weston Senior Living Center at Hillcrest.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Cherry Valley Golf Course, Glen Brook Country Club, and Water Gap Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Silver Valley Campsite, Pocono Vacation Park, and Weona Park.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Kees Gail H, Smith J Christoph, and St Peters Evangelical Lutheran.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 53 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,004, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,914, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,743, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.84%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sciota receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Sciota has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Sciota has a sparse population density of 280.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sciota have a very long daily commute time.
- Sciota has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.80%.