Senior Living in Scott, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Scott, AR: 72142
- Scott scores significantly higher than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Scott scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baptist Health Medical Center North Little Rock, Arkansas Children\'s Hospital, and Arkansas Children\'s Hospital.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Olan N Hogan Home, Lonoke Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Lonoke Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Executive Course at Rebsamen Park Golf Course, Founders Course at Chenal Country Club, and Foxwood Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Toltec Mounds Archeological State Park, Toltec Mounds Maintenance Shop, and Toltec Mounds Archeological.
- There are 114 churches in or near the city, including All Souls Church, Toltec Baptist Church, and All Souls Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,510, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,778, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,506, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,960 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,635 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,726 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.69%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Scott receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Scott has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Scott has a very sparse population density of 24.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Scott have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Scott has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.69%.