Senior Living in Scottdale, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Scottdale, PA: 15683
- Scottdale scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Scottdale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Highlands Hospital and Excela Health Frick Hospital).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Scottdale Manor Rehabilitation Center, Harmon House Care Center, and Pleasant Valley Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including Wyndon Links, Linden Hall Golf Course, and Norvelt Course at Norvelt Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Hazelbaker Recreational Services, Madison / Pittsburgh S.E. KOA, and Fox Den Acres Campgrounds.
- There are 80 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 41 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,502, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,839, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,242, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.35%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Scottdale receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Scottdale has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Scottdale has an average population density of 528.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Scottdale have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Scottdale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.51%.