Senior Living in Seaford, New York
Top zip codes in Seaford, NY: 11783
- Seaford scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Seaford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including South Oaks Hospital, Brunswick General Hospital, and St Joseph Hospital.
- There are 136 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Townsend B, Parkview Care and Rehab Center, and Belair Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1084 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 141 golf courses in or around the city, including Jones Beach State Park Golf Course, Peninsula Golf Club, and Merrick Road Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Norman J. Levy Park & Preserve, Bethpage State Park, and Eisenhower Park.
- There are 320 churches in or near the city, including Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, St William the Abbot Church, and Maria Regina Rc Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 554 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 29 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 389 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $113,716, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $99,217, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,490, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.06%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Seaford receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Seaford has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Seaford has a dense population density of 6,003.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Seaford have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Seaford has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.49%.