Senior Living in Sellersville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Sellersville, PA: 18960
- Sellersville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Sellersville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Grand View Hospital, St Luke\'s Quakertown Hospital, and Lansdale Hospital.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hidden Meadows On The Ridge, Rockhill Mennonite Community, and Lutheran Community at Telford.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 285 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 159 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Valley Country Club, Macoby Run Golf Course, and Twin Woods Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Men-O-Lan Christian Camp and Retreat Center, Peace Valley, and Nockamixon State Park.
- There are 154 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Baptist Church, Jerusalem Lutheran Church, and Faith Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 120 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 107 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,653, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,845, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,500, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.19%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sellersville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Sellersville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Sellersville has an average population density of 647.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sellersville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Sellersville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.80%.