Senior Living in Seminole, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Seminole, OK: 74868
- Seminole scores lower than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Seminole scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Integris Seminole Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Seminole Care and Rehabilitation Center, Seminole Care and Rehab Center, and Avonlea Cottage of Seminole.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Jimmie Austin Golf Course, Gil Morgan Golf Course, and Shawnee Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Boomtown Park, Maguire Park, and SGS RV Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Amazing Grace Pentecostal, Pentecostal Church of God, and Little Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,563, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,365, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,217, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Seminole receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Seminole has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Seminole has a very sparse population density of 61.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Seminole have a short daily commute time.
- Seminole has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.85%.