Senior Living in Severna Park, Maryland
Top zip codes in Severna Park, MD: 21146
- Severna Park scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Severna Park scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Crownsville Hospital Center, Anne Arundel Medical Center, and Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- There are 114 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Severna Park Center, Brightview Severna Park, and Spring Arbor of Severna Park.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 383 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including Chartwell Golf & Country Club, Sherwood Forest Golf Course, and Severna Park Golf Center.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Kinder Farm Park, Washington DC / Capitol KOA, and Jonas Green Park.
- There are 384 churches in or near the city, including Unity By the Bay, Severna Park Baptist Church, and St Martin\'s in the Field Day.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 179 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 178 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $137,192, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $114,940, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,574, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.69%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Severna Park receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Severna Park has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Severna Park has a dense population density of 2,609.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Severna Park have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Severna Park has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.63%.