Senior Living in Seward, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Seward, PA: 15954
- Seward scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Seward scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Upmc Lee Regional and Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Atrium, Laurelwood Care Center, and Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center TCU.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Valley Golf Course, North Fork Golf & Tennis Club, and Sunnehanna Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Stackhouse Park, Pine Ridge Park, and L & M Campgrounds.
- There are 60 churches in or near the city, including Seward United Methodist Church, St Columba Church, and St Casimir & Emerich Catholic.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,572, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,875, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,852, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.80%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Seward receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Seward has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Seward has a sparse population density of 133.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Seward have an average daily commute time.
- Seward has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.63%.